Full-Time Public Works position…….
Purpose of Position
Must be able to perform tasks related to the day-to-day maintenance and repair of Village infrastructure including streets, water, sewer, parks and other public properties and garbage collection.This position reports to the Superintendent of Public Works and is accountable to the Village President and Village Board of Trustees.
Job Type: Full-time – Package to include vacation, sick pay, paid holidays, retirement and HSA contributions. Hourly Rate negotiable based on experience, certifications and licenses held.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various standard tasks as needed for public works
- Drive light to heavy duty vehicles and receive training in the operation and care of vehicles and equipment
- Be on call for emergencies, such as water main breaks, sewer backups, downed trees, etc. as well as snow plowing on a case by case basis.
- Ability to communicate and follow simple instructions
- Self motivated, team player – willing to jump in to help your fellow worker
- Must possess or obtain in a timely fashion, an Illinois commercial drivers license, CDL class B with air brakes endorsement. Village will support and assist in CDL training and licensing if necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
High school diploma. Combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
Candidates wishing to apply should submit a cover letter, resume and references by January 31st – 11am. Please include desired wage and any other applicable credentials. Send electronically to Village Office Manager Adrienne Ries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No paper applications will be accepted.